Scholarship Value – Up to $1,500, non-renewable
Catherine LaPlante was an active member of the “Women of St. Rose,” the parish community next door to Bishop Manogue. She and her husband Bruce raised their three children in the Los Angeles area. She worked in the teaching supply industry, and numerous times she not only donated products from her business, but also reached into her own pocketbook to help students and schools in need. She treasured education, so this Scholarship Fund in her memory is a fitting tribute to Catherine, who died too young at 61 on January 22, 2009.
This one-time scholarship is to be awarded to a deserving Bishop Manogue student. Preference will be given to members of the St. Rose of Lima Catholic Parish.
All candidates must meet the following Bishop Manogue requirements for scholarship eligibility:
1. Family must show financial need and have not only applied for tuition assistance by submitting a Smart Aid application and must be verified by Smart Aid in order to be considered.
2. Hold a minimum GPA of 2.0.
3. Have acceptable standards of behavior as set in the Bishop Manogue Parent/Student Handbook.
4. Be current with Bishop Manogue Christian Service Hour requirements.
Specific requirements for this scholarship are:
1. Must have participated in an extra-curricular activity, such as leadership, athletics, or other school clubs.
2. Parents must be current on service hours to the school as set in the Bishop Manogue Parent/Student Handbook.
If at any time during the award year the student does not maintain acceptable standards of behavior as set in the Bishop Manogue Parent/Student Handbook and/or a minimum GPA of 2.0, this scholarship can be withdrawn.
** Incomplete applications will not be considered**