The Desmond Family Scholarship at Bishop Manogue High School reflects the lifelong commitment of Frank and Jennie Desmond to the values of Catholic education. Their seven children graduated from Manogue (1970-1994), and Frank and Jennie were actively involved in the school for those many years. Throughout their lives, they emphasized the importance of a well-rounded education and fostered a deep regard for civility, curiosity, and service to others. In their modest, self-effacing way, they wanted to help ensure that every student has the opportunity to fulfill their aspirations and make a difference in their communities.
The scholarship is a $2500 renewable scholarship awarded to an incoming sophomore, junior or senior at Bishop Manogue Catholic High School.
All candidates must meet the following Bishop Manogue requirements for scholarship eligibility:
- A family must show financial need and have applied for tuition assistance by submitting a SMARTAID application.
- Complete Bishop Manogue’s Application for Admission.
- Complete Bishop Manogue’s General Scholarship Application.
- Have a good citizenship record. Application transcripts will be used for verification.
Specific requirements for this scholarship are:
- Candidates must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5. Application transcripts will be used for verification.
- Scholarship finalists will be required to participate in an interview with the scholarship donors. Final selections will be made after all finalist interviews are complete.
Funds will be sent directly to the Business office and applied to the recipient’s balance.
If at any time during the award year the recipient does not maintain acceptable standards of behavior as outlined in the Bishop Manogue Parent/Student Handbook and/or a minimum GPA of 3.5, this scholarship can be withdrawn