Scholarship Value – Up to $1,000
Tim Walsh was born in Reno, Nevada on September 24, 2001, and attended Bishop Manogue Catholic High School from August 2015 to June 2019. In middle school, Tim was very shy and dependent on his friends. He wasn’t sure who he was or what made him happy. Through his years at Manogue Tim learned to take opportunities when they came to him, and as a result, he created an amazing group of friends, got involved in drama and participated in the Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival, and was the manager of Miner TV his senior year. Tim was going to start college at the University of Nevada, Reno in the fall of 2019, and had just auditioned for and earned his first “professional” acting job at the Good Luck Macbeth Theater in Reno, when he died suddenly from hantavirus on August 6, 2019. During Tim’s time at Manogue, he grew from a shy boy to a confident young man. He made people laugh, he made people happy, and he wasn’t afraid to voice his opinions. He gained the self-confidence he needed to become an actor, speaker, and leader, and he was happy. This scholarship is our way of honoring Tim and the person he became while at Manogue.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
1. The student must be currently attending Bishop Manogue Catholic High School.
2. Student must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
3. Student must have acceptable standards of behavior as set in the BMCHS
4. Student must attend the University of Nevada, Reno in the fall.
5. The student must have attended a public school prior to attending BMCHS.
6. The student must submit a short essay on how their lives changed during their time at
Bishop Manogue Catholic High School.
*Recipient must submit proof of enrollment prior to scholarship funds being disbursed.
*Funds will be sent directly to the Financial Aid office of the University of Nevada, Reno.
*Funds will be disbursed in two halves, one at the beginning of each semester.
*Recipient must earn a 2.75 GPA for the first college semester in order to receive the second